Monday, March 1, 2010

An All-Too-Easy Peanutbutter Cookie Recipe


My husband has what some may call an unhealthy relationship with peanut butter, but because I love him I decided to sacrifice my waistline and my skinny jeans to bake him some cookies.  This recipe is so simple, so easy, so quick, and oh so yummy!  This recipe is actually a little too easy.  I found myself making these cookies anytime I was hungry.  I memorized the recipe after the first try.  Note to self: STOP memorizing cookie recipes!
Ingredients
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup of granulated sugar or you can substitute with the following:
  • (1/4 c white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar) I just went straight up 1 cup o sugar!
  • 1 egg

Directions

  1. In a bowl add the peanut butter
  2. then add the sugars
  3. last add the egg
  4. Mix altogether
  5. shape into balls about 1 - 2 inches in size
  6. place on cookie sheet about an inch to an inch and a half apart
  7. put in oven and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes, checking as all ovens vary in their temperatures
  8. Cookies will be soft when removed from oven that is okay, when they cool they will firm up to a nice soft cookie.
 I actually started mixing things up and put each ball of delicious peanut buttery goodness in a muffin tin and added a Hershey kiss because as we all know, chocolate and peanut butter is the world's greatest flavor combo and should be enjoyed by all.

What's your secret to these cookies?

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely gonna have to make these... wow... mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete